Preparing for an online exam
- To support teachers and learners working towards Music Theory exams at Grades 1 to 5, we are publishing a new series, Discovering Music Theory – available from 8 October 2020.
- Free Sample Papers and Model Answers for Grades 1 to 5 are available now:
- Once the booking period has closed, all candidates entered for an online Music Theory exam will be able to log in, experience the online exam platform and practise a small selection of sample questions before the exam. We will email the applicant with the relevant log in details and instructions.
- Several Grade 5 example questions in the online format are also available. These show the different question types included in the new exam.
- A step by step guide to the exam process, and video demos of the exam and exam set up are also available
Find out more about preparing for an exam.
Updated questions & syllabus changes: Grades 1 to 5
- We have updated some questions and made some small changes to the syllabus at these grades.
- We have also adapted the style of some questions to fit the online exam format.
- These updated questions and syllabus changes apply to online exams from 2020 in all territories where they are available.
- Where online exams are not yet available and we are still offering paper-based exams, these updated questions and syllabus changes apply from 2021.
Find out more about updated questions and syllabus changes